Have been published in professional, peer-reviewed journals. This includes:
• 65 randomized controlled trials
• 50 clinical outcome studies (All except one of the above 115 studies document EP effectiveness)
• 5 meta-analyses
• 4 systematic reviews of EP modalities
• 9 comparative reviews (EP & other therapies) (All reviews document EP effectiveness) The evidence base for energy psychology continues to grow – in quantity and quality (methodological rigor)
• 2000 – 2012 18 randomized controlled trials
• As of 2016 45 randomized controlled trials
• 2014 – 2018 5 meta-analyses document efficacy for EP methods
• 2017 – 2018 2 randomized control trials using biologic or genetic outcome measures document positive outcomes for EP methods
drops in cortisol with EFT Research documents physiological & immunological changes and gene expression with EP methods Randomized control trials now total 65
• Food cravings
• Trauma and PTSD
• Peak athletic performance.
In 2016, TFT (Thought Field Therapy) was validated by NREPP (the National Repertory of Evidence Based Practices and Procedures, a division of SAMHSA in the U.S.) as an evidence-based treatment. Unfortunately, NREPP has been defunded and no longer exists. However, you can read more about it on our blog.
ACEP and AAMET (EFT International) made a joint submission of the research evidence for EFT and TFT as treatments for PTSD to NICE (the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) in the UK. NICE has created a specific category for EFT, TFT and Somatic Experiencing called “CSACTS” (Combined Somatic and Cognitive Therapies), and acknowledged that they are “worthy of further research.”
In 2017, the U.S. Veterans Administration added EFT to List 2, approving it as a “generally safe therapy.” Next is getting added to List 1, which is a list of approved treatments.
There are over 400 identified forms of psychotherapy, many of which have little or no research to validate them.
In terms of published research! Visit energypsych.org/research to view and access a comprehensive list of studies. Learn about ACEP’s Science of Energy Healing courses (and our free master class). We’d love to welcome you into our family of professionals who are dedicated to using energy healing methods with their clients. Learn more about the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) at www.energypsych.org.